Saturday, July 2, 2011

55 Miles and 36 Years

I was passing through Wichita Falls this evening and decided that it might be better for me to (as a golfer might say) "lay up". I am 55 miles and 36 years away from the time that I spent at Ft. Sill while going through boot camp and individual training (that's where they teach you your job.) My leaving home to join the Army was a defining moment in my life as it allowed me to meet my first wife, who later bore me two sons, and also after spending 4 years in the Artillery, I opted for a computer career.

I'm looking forward to riding through that town and possibly a quick tour stop at the Field Artillery museum. I saw it when I was in boot camp, but a lot has changed as far as weaponry, so I'm interested to see some of the new exhibits.

The plan tomorrow, after Ft. Sill and Lawton is to head due west towards Amarillo, TX, stop to see the Cadillac Ranch and then continue on to I-40 and historic Route 66.

Here is todays' track...

No comments: