Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Spokane to Yellowstone/Bozeman, MT

Here's the link before I go further.

Left Spokane a bit late after meeting a couple of online friends for breakfast. They got caught in construction traffic, so I didn't get on the bike until after 10:00 AM local time. My Dad headed back to the Portland area while I turned east towards Idaho and Montana.

Unfortunately, I hit the first bad weather that I have had the entire trip. Forty miles of rain wasn't fun, but it ended just as I arrived in the Yellowstone/Bozeman valley. The vistas were absolutely stunning and I hope to have pictures up when I get a better interent connection.

Tomorrow morning will be Yellowstone, then on to the Little Big Horn battlefield. If there is time, I'll make some headway towards Devils Tower (the stone tower from "Close Encounters of the Third Kind".)

No comments: