Sunday, July 24, 2011

Key West, FL - Finally

Traffic out to the Keys was BAD. I made the mistake of coming out on a Saturday afternoon, so you had day boaters trying to get their trailed boats to gas stations, day trippers just trying to get out/in to the Keys or mainland and it is all on a 2 lane road.

Still, it couldn't have been a nicer day as far as I was concerned. Had a couple of isolated showers to deal with just getting past Miami, but they were so small in size that I didn't bother putting any rain gear on. Hell, the wet actually helped cool me down on the other side when I got back into sunshine.

Got into town around 7:30, got showered and then went to get a bite to eat. After that (the celebratory meal will be tomorrow), I just had to stop in a rum bar and three Hurricanes later, weaved my way back to the hotel (note that I was walking - NOT on the Goldwing!) and called it a night.

Spending Sunday doing the touristy stuff in town, the celebratory meal, more drinking (I'm certain of this!) and then consider my options for the trip home on Monday.

Here's the map link.

No comments: