Friday, July 1, 2011

Observations / Westward

A few observations from the last two days:

1. I have single-handedly eradicated all the bugs in lower LA and MS. The front of the bike was absolutely crusted with the carcasses of hundreds of bugs when I pulled into the hotel Wednesday night.

2. Those same bugs became a buffet within minutes of my stopping as well. It was cannabalism city. Not a very nice observation and the "eewwwwww" factor was off the scale on that one!

3. Idiots in cars are universal. Doesn't matter where you live, commute, etc.

4. Listening to the truckers on channel 19 of a CB radio can be the most educational/amusing thing ever. You learn things (and curse words) that you might not have known and the CB sometimes allows a guy to broadcast his ignorance over a much wider area, thus proving that it also carries that there are idiots in trucks too. Now, don't you feel safer on the roads? hehe

5. I've been very lucky to meet some great people through owning my Goldwing. The couple that put me up last night, Buck and Camille, are the latest two in that group. A tru class act. And even as I type this, Buck is working on my bike, adding the things that the bike needed (yes, my bike *needed* chrome wheels - it just had to be done.)

Here's the track from yesterday when I traveled from Picayune, MS to Houston, TX.

Later today I'll head north in the direction of Lawton, OK. No plans as to where I will stay for the night, but I'll find a place when I get tired. Love plans that aren't really plans....

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Sounds like you are having a good time. Elena kitty is doing good. I like the water fountain, not quite sure how to fill it up..

Michael said...

I'll call you tomorrow, Sarah. The instructions for the fountain are in the corner of the kitchen table, so you may want to look at that before I call ya. It is real simple once you know the trick to filling the tank. Glad to hear all is well there!